H D KUMARSWAMY’S CONTRIBUTIONS (2006 – 2007)
[wptab name=’Grama Vastavya
- Packages of Rs.2689.64 Crore for six districts which reported high incidence of farmer suicides. The district are Belguam,Hassan,Chickmagalore ,Chitradirga,shimaga and Kodagu
- Moved by the grievances from the women whom he met during his Janatha darshana and village stay where they complained about their husbands who are drunkards and there families were in trouble from Arrack and lottery Kumaraswamy took a decision of Banning Arrack and Lottery.
- Suvarna Karnataka Udyanagala Pratistana where in all garden and parks belonging to the government will be taken care of.
- Swavalambana Scheme lending money to women engaged in fishing at the rate of 4%.
- Karnataka is the only state next to Sikkim where decentralization of power has been implemented in letter as the spirit as envisaged in 73rd amendment to the constitution.
- ‘Suvarna Kayaka Udyoga Shikshana Yojane’ has been launched. The scheme aims to identify the needs of the organized sectors for skilled man power in various trades and to train qualified eligible youths to undergo hands-on training. The expenditure on training is to be shared equally by industry and the Government. This Public Private Partnership will provide employment opportunities to the rural and urban youth of the State.
- Declining sex ratio is a matter of great concern . To arrest the trend, the Kumaraswamy Government has launched a novel scheme called “Bhagyalakshmi” to protect the girl child and change society’s attitude towards her. Under the scheme, an amount Rs. 10,000 is deposited in the name of each female child born after 31st March 2006
- Waving loan up to 25000 for all the farmers of Karnataka .
- Jawaharlal Nehru national Urban renewal mission scheme for improving quality of life of slum dwellers.
- Reduced the interest burden of all institutional loans to farmers to 4% as has in respect of the cooperative sector.
- Announced the package 0f 7000 crore rupees for the welfare of the farmers.
- 70% of the application received in janathadarshana were solved and 25 crore Rupees were given directly to the people whom he met in janathadarshana.
- Suvarna Gramodaya Program integrating the Implementation of various development programmes and providing infrastructure facilities comprehensively to transform 1000 villages every year into model villages
- Work on alamatti dam was speeded up and it was also presented to nation during his tenure.
- Water projects like siganalur project, yaragol project in kolar,chimalagi project in Bijapur and also concentrated on Badra projectwhich can provide water for Tumkur and Kolar.
- Bruhat Bangalore project in which the rural parts of Bangalore were inculeded into Bangalore by which the basic infrastructure of those places were improved.
- Constituted a committee to deal with land Mafia which had aquried the government lands illegally and recovered around 40 thousand acres of land from land mafia
- Ramanagara and chikkaballapura were made as district keeping in mind that Bangalore growing fast and to create an alternate place for industrial growth.
- Special high court circuit bench was granted to North Karnataka where people had to travel to Bangalore for there court cases