Sri.Basavaraj Horatti, Hon’ble Minister for Primary and Secondary Education, Law, Justice, Human Resources, Parliamentary Affairs & Legislation – Government of Karnataka.
- Born on April 14, 1946 at Yadahalli, Mudhol taluk (Bagalkote District) the renowned birthplace of one of the great Kannada poets Ranna.
- Education Qualification B.A., M.P.Ed. His school and college education was at Mudhol, Bagalkoate District and Dharwar. He was the Student leader during his college days.
- Joined to service as a physical Education teacher at Hamington High school, Hubli in the year 1975.
- Started his fight for service security to the teachers working under private managements and started “ The Karnataka Middle School teachers union” in 1976 with like-minded people.
- He responded to the problems of the teachers as though his surname “Horatti” is synonym to “fighting spirit ( Horata )”
- In 1980, was elected for the first time to the Legislative Council from the teachers’ Constituency (West) as the representative of teachers from the teacher’s organisations.
- Elected as a member to the Legislative Council from the same constituency continuously for the fifth time since 1980.
- He tabled effectively various burning problems of the teachers working at Middle schools, P.U. colleges and degree colleges in the Legislature and got them redressed.
- He discharged his responsibility as the president of subject committee, Assurance Committee in the Legislature efficiently.
- Entered politics through the Janatha Dal. He was a progressive leader of the Janatha Dal in the Legislative Council, now he is one of the prominant leaders of Janatha Dal (Secular) party.
- Was elected four times as a member the Senate and the Syndicate of the Karnataka University and has ably executed his responsibility.
- He has traveled abroad. In 1983, he visited Los Angeles as an Olympic observer and in 1998 he went to England, France, Switzerland, Australia and Dubai to study the Educational Developments in those countries.
- Appointed as the leader of J.D.(S). in the Legislative Council
- A rare politician, a cultured human being with social concern. having the development of educational field always foremost in his mind..
- A progressive Agriculturist with special inclination towards Horticulture. His brainchild “Nisarga” is a testimony for this.
- A good friend with an heart transcending the barrier of caste, creed and faith always bent upon helping the poor and needy.
- A clean-handed, honest, straightforward, dynamic people’s representative.
- On Wednesday, 15.2.2004 he took a charge as a cabinet minister for the first time and served as the minister for Science, Technology and Small Savings in the cabinet of the coalition Government, headed by Sri.Dharam Singh.
- In order to revitalize the departments of the science and technology and small savings he formulated and introduced many new schemes.
- On August 8, 2005 he took the additional charge of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
- Friday, 17-2-2006, he was sworn in as the cabinet Minister for Primary and Secondary Education and Law, Human Resources, Parliamentary Affairs and Legislation in the cabinet of the coalition Government headed by Sri.H.D.Kumaraswamy.
ರಾಮನಗರ: ಈ ಬಾರಿ ಉಪ ಚುನಾವಣೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮೂರು ಲೋಕಸಭೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಎರಡು ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಜೆಡಿಎಸ್ ಹಾಗೂ ಕಾಂಗ್ರೆಸ್...
ನವದೆಹಲಿ: ರಾಮನಗರ ಮತ್ತು ಜಮ ಖಂಡಿ ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳಿಗೆ ಉಪ ಚುನಾವಣೆ ಘೋಷಣೆಯಾದಲ್ಲಿ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸಚಿವ ಸಂಪುಟ ವಿಸ್ತರಣೆ...